A Creative Portrait Photographer in Vaud, Switzerland (also covering the UK).
Hi, I am Rebecca,
I am a Portrait Photographer based in the Vaud canton in Switzerland. However I do travel back to sunny Surrey in the UK from time to time, which is where I grew up.
We live in a quaint little village with beautiful lake and mountain views, a cat and a garden full of cows. If we are not out on our mountain bikes by the lake we are working in the Veggie Garden!
In my previous life I worked in the Investment Management industry for 13 years (in the UK and Australia), looking after their trading systems. Not only did I make a whole bunch of amazing friends during this time, but it was a stepping stone to my global adventures and Corporate Photography.
Photography has always been a passion of mine since my travels, so I decided to take it to the next level and study Photography. It was great fun being a student again! I achieved a Distinction with the University of Surrey and was asked to deliver the ‘Graduate vote of thanks’ alongside ex Dragons’ Den star Theo Paphitis!
My greatest achievement so far though is becoming a Mother, it has made me realise how important it is to encapsulate those precious little memories as often as you can, as children grow so fast! I guess you could say this is why I chose to focus on families and babies.
I enjoy photographing families from all walks of life, and listening to their journey. This shared connection of parent-hood brings me closer to my clients.
A little bit more about me and my adventures around the world; -
• Yoga! This is something I practice regularly, it helps to bring me back to the present moment and to keep my mind and body balanced ☺
• Despite the fair hair, I am a quarter Pakistani! (Anglo-Indian)
• On my second round-the-world trip I obtained my Open Water diving certification in French Polynesia, on a beautiful little island called Moorea!
• I used to work for a surf school in Coffs Harbour, Australia!
• I have been snowboarding in Dubai! (This was super weird!)
• I rode an Ostrich in South Africa (something I would not do again!)
• I rode a camel up Moses Mountain (Mount Sinai) in Egypt to watch the sunrise!